CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

During the last General Conference Elder Gary E. Stevenson's talk, Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples, really touched me. The whole thing was wonderful! I won't give you a recap because most of you are LDS and have access to the transcript, but I will share the parts that I can't get through without the Spirit touching my heart (translation: tears in my eyes).

Elder Stevenson talked about how President Monson counseled, "As we touch the temple the temple will touch us." How we need to take our small children to the temple grounds and let them actually touch the temple. In two weeks our primary is going to go to the temple together. Not all come from the best of circumstances and opportunities like this are new to them. I can't wait to share my testimony with them on the beautiful temple grounds. I can't wait to let them touch the temple, let them feel the power of the Spirit, and recognize the sacredness of the holy building.
How blessed we are to have such a Holy place only 30 minutes away. I feel even more blessed to know that our homes are the only places that compare to our temples. My home growing up always felt different from most of my friends homes. I always thought it was because it was mine, you always feel more comfortable in your own home. But now I know that it was the Spirit that made the difference. My mom worked so hard to make our home a holy place. I want to have Lucy and Tyler feel the same way.
I don't know why I always feel it is a burden to do the laundry, make dinner, tidy up, or vacuum the house for the 7th day in a row. I should feel honored as a woman, as the nurturer and homemaker of our family, I get to make our home a temple, a home for our Savior. I have the responsibility to make our home a place where our Lord will feel welcome and comfortable. A place where our family can feel the Holy Ghost present. A place where we can learn and grow together in ways that will lead us back to our Savior Jesus Christ. I want nothing more than to have my whole family together in the eternities, living in the presence of God. At this moment, I can't think of a better job in the whole world than to do whatever I can to not only make our home 'special,' but to make it a place to teach our children the gospel.
Mom, thank you so much for being such a great example. I have always known you were superwoman, time only makes this more and more clear to me. You worked so hard, day after day to make our home clean, a place of refuge. A place where the Spirit wanted to be. Then you used this to your advantage and you and dad taught me the gospel there. I don't know where I would be without that knowledge and blessing of the gospel. Of the temple. Thank you for being so diligent in fulfilling your sacred duties on this earth. Mother I love you and owe you everything! In return, I will try my hardest to follow your example and raise your grandchildren in a clean and loving home, teaching them the gospel.

2 comments:

Aunt Viv said...

Thank you for your sweet and uplifting post. You are an amazing mother and wife! :)

taylor said...

Hi Kels!
Elder Stevenson was my mission president in Japan and i loved his talk too. I needed that virtual tour of my home!
I'm glad you look happy and well!
Tay