CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Holy Cow

This evening we received the first of the 'million papers' to sign that I was talking about earlier. All I can say is "ouch," that hurts! If you have ever bought a house, did you gasp when you saw the closing costs? Seriously, way more than our down payment? I have spent the last few hours doing everything I can to find more money in our budget. I have called and canceled our cable, made a list of clothing to return where the tags are still on (why I always buy things that sit in my closet I don't know), and moved everything around that I could to find some wiggle room. I have changed the Father's Day gift I had planned on and made a list of meals I can make using the food in our pantry. My friend is getting married in August, and while I am still planning on finding a way to go, I can't buy my tickets until this all gets sorted out. Any other ideas you can think of to find more money in our budget?
Really anything may help! We are going to try to talk down the closing costs because even my parents, whose house was a lot more, didn't have to pay this much. Really wish us luck sorting out this whole process! We hope their is a mistake, even our realtor doesn't think it looks right and is making us call tomorrow for a second opinion. And if by chance it is right, we can kiss our dream home goodbye! I probably should have waited to post my last entry online. I would take it off but I haven't lost hope quite yet! This is my journal as well as my blog right?!!

3 comments:

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

I don't know about getting more money, but you can make some or all of your closing costs part of your mortgage, so then you're not paying it all up front. I'm sorry! we've had disappointments house hunting too.

KaSs MiLeS said...

dang! we had the sellers pay the closing costs, but not everyone will do that. i hope you get it figured out. i can't think of anything else to save you money.... i'll let you know if i think of something.

Bree said...

Your closing costs should run right around 3% and if not I would find out why it is so much more. Good luck, everyone has to have their nightmare story when cloing on their dream home!