CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's My Anniversary

Two years ago I was married and sealed for time and all eternity to the man of my dreams. A lot has happened in two years, but my feelings for Tyler only get stronger with time.

Another very important date, one of the most important in my life, happened just short of six years ago. This is when Lacey and Jessica introduced me to Tyler in the back of the chapel after church in Rexberg. I thought he was cute and wanted to get to know him a whole lot better right away. Of course he was dating someone else, but that didn’t stop me from trying to get his attention. It worked and we started dating shortly after. We clicked right away and before long, I felt I was in love. I believe it was a form of love, stronger than I had ever felt up until that time in my life, but it is amazing how much that love has grown throughout our years together.
(Photo: First time we every actually hung out. We spent the whole day together making a fort, walking to Papa Kelsey's for Pizza, watching a movie in our fort and just laughing and having a great time together and with friends)

I am so happy we rekindled our love for one another after Tyler’s mission. Although what a great opportunity I had to grow during our time apart. I was able to date a whole lot of other people and discover that he was the only person that seemed to complete me as a person. With Tyler I wasn’t afraid of commitment like so many of you know I have had issues with in the past. When I was with him, it was the only thing that seemed to make any sense at all. Ironically enough, choosing to marry Tyler was an easier decision for me to make than it is most days when I try to figure out what I am going to wear. I am still very very happy with my decision and can’t wait for our many years together as a couple and as a growing family.
(Photo: First time we hung out after Tyler's mission. I was dating someone else at the time but Tyler drove to Utah and we spent most of the day together with friends. We saw a Real Salt Lake soccer game, a fire works show and tried to catch up on our two years apart. We didn't get back together for at least six more months)

10 comments:

Bree said...

Congrats, time goes by so fast. I thought it was coming up but I wasn't sure when so I didn't say anything in case I was wrong! You better go do something fun!

lisset said...

so fun to reminisce and realize what a catch you have! i can still remember all of the speculating about what was going to happen between you and tyler. many a conversation was had between carla, beth, and myself trying to figure it out :) you were a tricky one! CONGRATULATIONS!

amy kay said...

I knew that you and Tyler should get married when he sang along to Moulin Rouge with us. What a classy guy.

Cherine said...

Happy two years that is great. Michael said congrats too! Love the pictures and hearing the story!

Lacey said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so so so glad that you two crossed paths again after the mission! It just makes me so happy to see you two together...it couldnt be more perfect! I still remember the day that you two met and it just makes me smile. You two are wonderful! Happy "rest of forever!" Love you guys!

Manda said...

Happy Anniversary!

KaSs MiLeS said...

Happy Anniversary! That's fantastic!!!

Chris & Kristen said...

Happy anniversary. And I am so glad I've got another person hooked on So You Think You Can Dance. I'm not much of a TV person but I LOVE this show. I'm excited for tonight.

Next year let's get everyone together for a better excuse than a relay and make sure the women folk enjoy it too.

Beth Curtis said...

congrats! you two are perfect for each other. I remember meeting Tyler right when we started college. It seems like yesterday.... as far and the reunion, I would LOVE it!

Ashley and Ben said...

Wow, I can't believe how time flies. You two are such a sweet couple and everyone here always looks forward to your visits and hopefully your return to the NW someday! Happy Anniversary!