CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

Independence Day

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend as a family! Friday morning Tyler went and played 18 holes of golf while Lucy and I went to the parade. To our surprise, Tyler joined us. When he did he said that it was trying to find a needle in a haystack. I asked him why he didn't call us to see where we were sitting- apparently I had missed 8 calls. I suppose it is hard to hear with all the bands and fire/police sirens going non-stop.

The three of us had a very enjoyable BBQ lunch and of course made my mother-in-laws green pepper chip dip. Then came the best part of our day...a nice long nap for the three of us. It was that kind of paralyzing sleep where you couldn't get up even if you tried. Lucy slept for three hours, so we did too. It was lazy but yet, so rewarding!
(Two photos below: I had to add these because they make me laugh. The first, Lucy's hair blowing in the wind. Where did those fluffy duck feathers come from? The second photo you can totally tell Lu is in her element! She loves the feel of the wind/fan on her face!)
It was a good thing we got some extra sleep because at 5 we when to Rock Canyon Park to watch the firework show from the Stadium of Fire and because of traffic, didn't get back home till after 12. The fireworks didn't start till around 10:30 so we staked out our spots with blankets and chairs and headed off to Boarders to please my two loves. Tyler got a golf book and Lu got 'Baby Cakes.' The book I wanted was there but I had already looked it up on Amazon and a new copy was still 10 buck cheaper online after shipping. So I opted to wait.
Then it was back to the park to wait. Lucy loved being outside for such a long period of time. There were so many people there for her to watch, she was in her own little heaven.
It was a great show and we had perfect spots. Unfortuantly, Lulu wasn't quite able to stay awake.

4 comments:

amy kay said...

Well, it's a good thing I put up that video of the fireworks, then. Otherwise Lulu wouldn't be a true American.

Bree said...

I love the pics! We miss you guys and hope you are having a good summer. And as for the heat, the ice princess(me) is melting!! We stay indoors as much as possible. It only cools off to the mid 90's at 9pm, what's up with that?

Beth Curtis said...

oh my gosh I love her! She is too funny. It sounds like you had a great 4th!

Loraleigh said...

so cute.