CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oregon Vacation

We were planning on going to Echo lake in Montana with the rest of the Hansen's this week but we had a little change of plans. My grandma had a heart attack last week and my mom wanted to stay close by. So we all packed up and came to Oregon instead.


We drove all day Friday and have had cram packed days ever since. Some of the highlights have been seeing Batman at the IMAX. Oh my goodness amazing! Apparently they used special cameras during all the action scenes, (pretty much the whole movie) and it really made the movie come to life. It was a great movie, one of the best action movies I have seen in a long time! I think Heath Ledger really peaked in his performance, it is a real shame he is no longer with us to share his great talents. His character was so creepy that it makes me wonder if playing this part had something to do with his depression. Anyway, it was a movie worth seeing!

Sunday Dane and Ashleigh came up from Salem and we had dinner. Afterwards we hurried out to Sherwood to eat Dessert with Tyler's family.

Another highlight was the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. It rarely disappoints and this seemed to be like an especially good year! My hubby Tyler who hates shopping even managed to rack up a bill of his own! A much larger bill than me I might add!

Yesterday we went out to the river with some friends. I haven't been on a tube ride in forever, but I had fun hogging the tube with both my stissy and Tyler.
Lucy sure enjoyed the boat rides and especially the sand. As you can tell from the picture below, she maybe like the sand a little too much.
This morning I went to the driving range with Tyler. I decided that I am not very good at golf! I got frustrated half way through my balls, so I sat down and watched Tyler swing. He is getting pretty good-especially when you compare him to me!

4 comments:

Bree said...

It's sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I'll make you a deal, if you keep playing golf I will too. Greg and I went for the first time together on Saturday (my first ever)! I'm not sure I will ever be any good at it and I quit after 9 holes (Axton encouraged it a little since he was along for the ride) but it is kind of fun! Maybe some day when we are all rich we can get together for a weekend and golf!

KaSs MiLeS said...

You could read a lot of that really wrong if you're in the right mood. :0) Lucy is so cute! Did you like the Joker's magic trick? ;0) i think i was the only one in our theater laughing at that one... i tend to make movies really uncomfortable sometimes... I'm glad you got a vacation! We need to do lunch again soon...

Cherine said...

Hope you are having a blast. I am sad about the rumor/news Michael told me. I guess exciting for you guys though. Hope it all turns out how you want!

Radfords said...

I would have to agree I do like Tyrone myself. It is the best thing ever. Well along with the Wonder Pets! I am so jealous you found some good coats. I didnt event get a chance to go look. Straight to baby first then just to BP.