CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grandma's Funeral

I never wrote anything about my Grandma Bernice's funeral. It was such a beautiful memorial service. My dad spoke and my mom summarized my grandmother’s life. Both of them did a wonderful job! I thought I had heard every story there was to know about my grandma, I was wrong and laughed through the whole thing! It wouldn't be my grandma's life if we weren't crying from laughing so hard.
Funerals are funny. While you are so sad about the passing of your loved one, it is an opportunity to get together with family. I had a great time the last week of grandma's life, and after her passing reminiscing and laughing with my family. Nancy did a good job making light of the situation. My favorite thing had to be when my mom and Nan told the story about how my grandma used to play dead when they were little. All the neighbor kids would drag her around the house, open up her eyelids and such trying to wake her up. The game stopped when grandma couldn't hold in her laughter anymore. So Nancy kept telling grandma to get up and would pry her eyelids open as if she were playing dead again. That might sound like a horrible thing unless you are part of my family. Tyler always tells me that we joke around and deal with things a little differently than most.Above: All my family (except Tyler who had to take a flight out right after the service to get back to work). Below: Peyton, Nancy, Amy, Jessica, and Morgan.
Lucy kept picking up Jessica's purse and putting over her shoulder. She is a shopper in training!

0 comments: