CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back in Utah

So I spent the end of August and all of September in Oregon living with my parents. Tyler has been in Utah but with everything going on in my family, and the way our contract worked out, it worked best for Tyler to travel back to Oregon to visit us when he could. But I have been in Utah with him for the past two weeks and it is so nice to have a hubby again! He works most of the time, but it is nice to fall asleep with someone else in the bed with me. Also, it makes me feel better to know that my hubby is eating real meals.

The past two Saturday's we walked a mile or so to McDonald's for breakfast. They have the coolest playground thing--a major upgrade from when I was a kid for sure! Tyler tried teaching Lucy how to play basketball...maybe in a year she will understand the concept a little better!

Who knew a slide could be so scary?!!

My little Lucy is growing up so fast! She is 13 months old now and seems to do or say something new daily. We went for her 12 month checkup the other day and here are the stats--23 lbs 2 oz (60%) and 31 3/4" (off the carts--apparently they say that's in the 100 percentile). So I no longer have the fat baby, but the strangely tall baby. Anyway you look at it, I have the perfect baby!

She can walk but chooses to crawl. The most steps she has taken at one time is between 15-20 (I lost count). She can say more words all the time. The most frequently spoken are not 'ma ma' or 'da da' but rather 'pee-ee' (Peaty is Tyler's Aunt and Uncle's dog, we are staying with them), 'sky,' 'ow' (meaning ouch, as she gets hurt or as she is hitting/hurting me), and of course 'hi' and 'bye' with a wave. I feel like she is so smart, nobody tell me otherwise either because I choose to believe that she is the smartest one-year-old out there!!!!

She loves giving kisses which melt my heart! My cousin Jessica got the most perfect picture of her puckering up for a kiss. I will try to get it to share because she is a crack up. I now second guess how I kiss because she had to learn how to pucker up and make the mmmmwwwaa sound from someone. Oops!

5 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

yeah i can't believe how big that girl is getting! i can still remember your puffy feet at provo craft when she was still inside you! I'm glad you have a husband back, life is so much harder when they're not there every day.

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

Glad you guys will be back soon! I talked to your mom about getting together for Halloween... are you guys in?

lisset said...

she is getting so grown up! she is bigger than ethan- how wierd is that?

Amy said...

pictures of lucy playing b-ball and sliding down the slide=classic. Funniest pics ever.

Amy said...

p.s. I realized I took the bottom pic. I'm so good at taking pictures with the iphone. p.p.s. I love country kitchen. p.p.p.s apparently lu loves tootsie roll pops.