CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Advice Please



So I am in the midst of trying to baby proof our apartment. I have gotten pretty good at my makeshift contraptions as you can tell by the pictures. Don't you love the Bosch on the coffee table? It was the heaviest thing I could find so she couldn't pull down the blanket put into place to block our video's, cable box and DVD player. I am thinking that this little stand holding our humble TV isn't going to do for long. I need something with doors on it!


And forget a pathway through the family room...it is now a play pin!
So for all you mom's out there, what have you done to keep your mobile babies out of trouble? Are there gates that you like and ones you don't? I have plugged up all the sockets but that is about it. What else do I need to be sure to do, or will I need to do once she is walking? I didn't know this was going to be so hard to keep Lu from getting hurt. I turn my back for one second and she is standing up against the end table or couch. Without a way to get down. Kind of funny if you think about it.

Anyway, let me know whatever advice you have or have heard of to baby proof our home.

8 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I think you've done a great job so far! :0) i wish i had helpful advise for you. you could get a piece of glass and put a hinge on it and attach it to your tv stand and get a little clasp to keep it shut, that's what my brother did, i'll have to draw you a picture when i see you. sorry Lu is getting into trouble! :0)

Chris & Kristen said...

Well no baby advice from me but I know what you mean about the swimsuit. I think for most girls tankinis are the best option but unfortunately one pieces tend to work better for me. I guess it can be a good and bad thing. I tried on that blue tankini and it didn't fit, as usual. Now I am waiting on the one piece to be shipped and I didn't have to pay shipping so I don't feel so bad about having to order it.

Loraleigh said...

it's hard... at least you don't have stairs in your apartment. be grateful for that. you've obviously seen my efforts at keeping my little ankle-biter (literally - he's always trying to suck on my feet these days) out of trouble. i think it's all going to come down to a lot of chasing after them. sigh.

lisset said...

so the fun begins! plugging the outlets is a great place to start, and also getting a few gates to keep her out of the kitchen and bathroom are good ides. we also got a kiddie corral that left E plenty of room to play without being able to get into trouble. ours cost $80 at babiesRus. some of the best money we ever spent on our monkey...

Bree said...

Oh joyous occassions. I bought a gate from Wal-Mart with free site to store shipping, it was $30. It is pressure mounted since we are renting like you guys and it keeps Axton out of the kitchen so it was one less thing for me to worry about. But it is for wider openings, up to 60". Eventually she'll figure things out and it will get easier.

amy kay said...

p.s. I'm sad that Lucy's not such a spastic crawler anymore. I wanted Caitlin to see her freakish "crawl," and when I put her on the ground, she did it all normal like. What's the deal with that?

Bree said...

For the new list that tells you when things have been updated you go under customize, add page element, and then it's the first one I think it's blog lists. It's really easy and such a great time saver.

Radfords said...

Hey Kelsey..I am doing the same thing..on the hunt for a tv stand with doors and ways to hide all the cables. We did find the best gate ever. It is by Evenflow and its their simple stop gate..its has a door you can open. It's awesome for hallways. You can also buy these gates that are like a huge play area closed off but they are a little spendy. good luck with it all!