CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Time with Daddy

So it has been a long (long in a good way) weekend. Tyler didn't have any appointments this week for work so after 2:00 on Thursday, he has been ours. It is a rare occasion when Tyler gets to spend a lot of time with us. I don't blame him as he is going to school full time, doing two independent study courses, working part-time and fulfilling his hefty church calling. There are days when he leaves before Lucy wakes up and gets home after she is in bed so he doesn't even get to kiss those lovable cheeks of hers.

We have taken advantage of his extra time and we have been to the park twice, out to eat with the Battles' and watched a few too many episodes of the final season of the West Wing (our fav. TV show despite the republicans being the bad guys). He even ran 10 miles today-unaccompanied by his wife of course.

Lucy, being a daddy's girl, has enjoyed the extra time with her daddy for sure. It amazes me how I can be with her all day long and the moment daddy walks into the room she goes crazy. It makes me smile that's for sure!

The hat is obviously daddy's influence!!!

Swinging is her new favorite activity. She laughs non-stop while in motion on the swings!
I'm thinking the slide is not on her top-ten list of things she enjoys. What do you think?

6 comments:

The Goss Family said...

Kelsey!!! I was looking at Lacey's blog and saw your name. I guessed that you had a baby by now but holy cow, she is so big and adorable! Congrats :)
Where are you living? I am not very good at updating my blog but its gossloving.blogspot.com.
Good to see ya :)

lisset said...

lucy is sooo cute it makes me crazy. how could anyone resist those cheeks?!?! glad you got to spend some extra time with the hubs.. i can remember the days when we were in the same boat! and boy am i glad they are over!

KaSs MiLeS said...

That's so cute! I love days where Jerome's home and i can see him all the time, its rare, so i know exactly how you feel! That picture of you and Lucy is so cute! you look supa skinny. :0) I'm glad you guys got to have a family outing!

Cherine said...

I so LOVE MISS LUCY!!! I totally understand the precious moments with Daddy. This whole school chapter of our life will end soon enough. Cute pics!

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

Cute pictures!

Elisa said...

Oh I love long weekends with daddy! So fun. I myself, am also a little obsessed with The West Wing. It is one of my all time favorites!