CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hawaii

So I know it has been a week, but I started looking through my pictures of Hawaii and realized I didn't take hardly any at all. Tyler's parents were also on the work incentive trip, seeing as how his dad runs the company, and he took a TON of pictures. So I will post more when I get a CD of those.

The first day we went to Pearl Harbor. What a sobering experience! There was such a prideful feeling I had for not only the soldiers at Pearl Harbor, but for all our Troops, no matter when or where, that have given their service for our country. The most memorable part of this trip was the circle outside to remember all those (minus those on the Arizona) who lost their lives that day. There were quite a few civilians in Hawaii who died, one was 7 months old, the age of our little Lucy. I was glad I had sun glasses on because it topped off my emotions for the day! We spent the rest of our afternoon touring around the island and then walked the board walk in Waikiki.

Monday we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I LOVED it!

Below Tyler and I are playing with some sticks in the New Zealand portion of the Center. It is some traditional thing they do, like the hula in hawaii, where you hit sticks together and throw them from person to person in different ways. I will have you know that during our little class, Tyler and I didn't drop our sticks once:)
After we went to several shows from the different islands within Polynesia, watched a water parade and played some fun games, Tyler and I snuck out to go see the LDS Temple. And boy was it breathtaking. The Picture doesn't do the scene justice. The sun was setting and there were beautiful clouds in the sky. Nobody was on the temple grounds which added to the peace we felt there. It was one of my highlights for the whole week!

After seeing the Temple grounds and the BYU-Hawaii grounds, we went back for the final show . It was amazing and I had to include a picture to show you all how good our seats were. Row 4 in the exact middle of the arena.

I can't remember the order of the rest of the days but we went to a Ranch to go 4 wheeling and take an off-road jeep ride. We did this at the Ranch where a bazillion movies/TV shows have been filmed such as Lost, Jurassic park, 50 First Dates, Godzilla, etc. Needless to say it was BEAUTIFUL!

One day we went Para sailing

We also went jet skiing. I will have you know that while I was driving the waverunner I threw my big-strong husband off the back. He thought I was going to be wimpy but I suppose I showed him. Oh, and you don't have to tell me how dorky I look in those goggles, but the water was so salty that they were worth the fashion faux paux.

We did a ton of other things like eat great food, shop, Tyler went surfing a few times too. But one thing I wish we did more of was just relax. I only sat out by the pool twice and once the sun wasn't out yet because it was so early. The four hour time change had us up pretty early. I suppose it was okay we didn't see too much sun by the beach or pool because if you hadn't noticed, we are pretty fair skinned.

Lastly for this post are a couple of pictures of our little Lu Lu in one of the outfits we got for her. As you can tell by the second one, she loved the skirt. I am pretty sure there are little green pieces all over our house.


The trip was great but I missed Lu entirely too much. It is hard to leave your little girl for a whole week. But as Tyler and I said to each other half way through the trip, it was a great thing that we actually looked forward to going home. She is too perfect to be away from that long!

8 comments:

Cherine said...

I was waiting for your pictures!!! Love them and how cute is little Lucy! What a doll baby! Any way glad you guys had a get-away.

Bree said...

I'm jealous. And your hoochie mama baby is adorable! Glad you guys had fun. Some day I'll get away from Axton.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That's so awesome! it looked like so much fun. i looked at this at worked and when i got to Lucy's picture i started crying i was laughing so hard!

Krista Griffiths said...

Great pictures! Oh I love Hawaii! Isn't that temple just amazing!? And the PCC show...love it!! Glad you had a great trip!!

Beth said...

Kelsey!!
Your trip looked like so much fun and little Lucy is so adorable in her outfit! Love you lots
Beth

Jackie said...

What a great trip!! And that pic of Lucy is absolutely priceless. :)

lisset said...

what a fun vacay! hawaii is the best. i want to go back everyday!

ryan is incredibly jealous of the parasailing! he begged me to do it in mexico, but i was chicken!

lucy is killing me!! what a looker!!

Anonymous said...

I forget to check your blog--these are new to me! It's just so fun to see the pictures and read your comments! I'm just feeling very thankful for such an adorable daughter-in-law, and what a CUTE granddaughter! I miss you ALL!!!