CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good Friends

This is a short thought, but I have been emailing my friend Kassie back and forth all day (we also went out to lunch with some of our other girlfriends). Our discussions got me thinking about the value of good girlfriends. I have been contemplating a lot about what makes a good friend, the qualities that I feel you can't go without.
I have been blessed in my life to have so many good girlfriends, and I wish I kept in better contact with most of them. (Some of you will be reading my blog and know who you are, I really do miss you!). I don't have a lot to say about it just now because Lucy is awake in her crib wondering where I am. I did however want to get out there that good friends are priceless. One of my best friends in high school gave me a scrapbook when we graduated. In it is a poem I love. It meant a lot as we were going our separate ways for college, but means something different now that I have experienced separation from good friends.

"True friends are never forgotten, they live within our hearts and souls...forever, and always, dancing on our stage of memories."

Can any of us forget our true friends, the ones that loved us no matter what we did? Whether I talk to them every week, every month, or even every year, I could never forget any of my girlfriends because of the memories we've made together. It's like I have so many different sets of friends, those from preschool though graduating high school, my first two years of college and my second two years after I switched schools. Then when college friends started moving away, and I got married, it's like I got a whole new set of friends. All are priceless in my mind. I wouldn't be who I am today without any of you, so thank you for everything!

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

I love it! The funny thing is I was totally thinking the same exact thing today! Very strange! On the way home from work the played the Vitamin C graduation song because school is almost out and it totally brought me back. It is kinda sad but I wouldn't trade the experiences that followed for the world! Miss ya sista!

lisset said...

i can drink to that. good friends are hard to come by, especially good girl friends in my world.
so glad that carla linked us! you and beth were always so kind to let me crash your pad when i was the married hag with no friends. i miss those days, but its cool to see us all growing up!

Lacey said...

I love you Kels and miss you more than you will ever know! It was so exciting to run into you at the BYU game last year and see your cute prego belly and now to get to read about all of your mommy adventures. You have been such a good friend that I think about often. Thank you for being you and for teaching me about me. I miss you and hope to talk to you soon!!

alpine alert-pali eternal said...

Thanks for being a great friend. Lunch was great today. I wish I had more time to hang out and just chat.

KaSs MiLeS said...

Oh Kelsey. You are an amazing friend! There's been a lot of people come and go at PC, but I haven't kept in touch as much as our little group. You guys mean the world to me and I appreciate your friendship so much!

Trav & Katie said...

Kelsey! so i just checked my byui account which i havent done in long time and thats how i found out you had a blog. so do we. we are just bad at keeping it updated