CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Our Weekend

This past weekend was amazing! My mom came into town on Wednesday to spoil Lucy with love and kisses.
My dad followed on Friday in order to attend General Conference. Dad, being the new Stake President, got us all tickets to Saturday morning's solemn assembly. While Tyler got babysitting duty, we were able to sit next to my Grandpa Hansen and his new wife Becky, my uncle Paul and cousin Emme and my cousin Kyle who just got his mission call to the Southern part of Argentina. During the session I reflected on the fact that we are so blessed we are to have a prophet on earth to lead and guide us to live more like Jesus Christ. It was an amazing experience to be there and feel the spirit so strong!
After the first session we went to PF Chang's for a yummy Chinese feast. Then with no time to spare, we made it back to my parents hotel just in time for the opening song of the second session. I think everyone fell asleep but Tyler who took copious notes the whole time. Tyler and Dad went to the priesthood session together while us girls went shopping at the Gateway.

My mom left yesterday, Monday, and I was so sad to see her go! Fortunately we are going to Portland for a few days in less than a month to drop our little Lu Lu off at the best babysitters in the world, her Grandma Hansen's house. We will spend a few days there at my house, but lets not forget about the reason for the trip- a week long getaway to Hawaii for Tyler and I. Oh how beautiful!

3 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

she is too cute! I love the serious face. You look good girl! good for you! What island are you going to?

Anonymous said...

Were going to Waikki. I have never been to Hawaii so they all look great to me! But I am excited to go to some of the sites on that island like Pearl Harbor.

Phil said...

As good as PF Chang's is...as a real Chinese person I refuse to call it real Chinese food. If there isn't any Chinese on the menu, or there aren't any Chinese people in the restaurant...then it isn't Chinese. LOL.