CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

lonely mommy

I knew it was coming but I didn't know it was going to be so hard on me! Wednesday I took my two loves to the airport and watched them fly away.
In December one of my best friends got engaged and us girls decided to make a girls weekend out of it. I was way excited, I would only be away from Lucy for one whole day and two half days. Tyler was the babysitter while mommy got a weekend away. Well...Tyler made a business trip to Portland not knowing it was on the same weekend. The trip got canceled but Tyler still decided to go and take my baby with him. I spent all of Tuesday night BEGGING him not to go. We are talking can't breath hysterical to even think about being away from my baby. I love my husband too, but I have never been away from Lucy overnight before.
I have been okay but I do not like sleeping in an empty house. It is amazing how Lucy has changed my view on life. I don't know what I would do without my family and have been reflecting on the fact that I am so happy they are mine FOREVER and ever!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh Kels, my heart goes out to you. It is so so so hard to be away from your family but especially you babies. Dont forget this moment, the moment that you miss her so much it hurts, the moment that you love her so much and would give anything just to hear her laugh, sigh, or even cry. A day will come that you will wish that you could get away for just a moment. A time that you would do anything to have a weekend free of "mommy duties" just to find out it isnt all it is cracked up to be. Take this time to find yourself again, the Kelsey that isnt just the wife, just the mom, just the grown-up but the Kelsey that is deep inside. What makes you laugh, what makes you smile, what makes you feel fulfilled on your own. Not only will you greatly benefit from this but your cute family will too. It is hard to have loved ones so far away, it gets easier and in the end only makes the bonds stronger. Love you lots and wish you the best of luck.

Manda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manda said...

Sorry, I totally didn't read what I wrote before I posted! Here I go again:
I'm so sorry Kelsey, I remember when I left Katie for the first time, and I had no idea it would be so hard. If it makes you feel any better, we are making sure she is getting lots of love and attention over here! She is so adorable! We all love you and miss you, and Katie was really upset that Kelso wasn't coming too! :)

Cherine said...

Come hang out with me or I can leave the kiddies to michael and we can do something. Anyways call me!