CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

MARCH UPDATE

Yesterday, Thursday the 13th, was Lucy's 1/2 birthday! I was excited because we got to stray from our normal songs to birthday songs. I can’t believe she is six months old already! I meant to take a picture when she was all dressed up, but this is what I got before bed. If you look closely you can see her first tooth that sprang up a couple of weeks ago. The second is just days away!

Lucy's all dolled up in her jean dress at a PBR (Professional Bull Riding) competition. No this is not what we normally do on Friday nights, but it is fun to do something different now and again.
I was uploading all the pictures from my camera today and noticed this one in the bunch. I suppose this would have been taken by my dear husband when he gave Lucy a bath last week. He said he was trying to take some kind of photo to show future boyfriends because it would be too weird to show a totally nude photo to them. I think the photo is quite amusing!
Lucy has decided that she no longer likes to be in one place. I put her in her crib one way and she never wakes up the same, but always wakes up happy!
I feel like I have neglected my daughter in this picture. I gave her some toys to play with while I did the dishes after dinner. Well, the dishes turned into doing the laundry and I suppose she got tired of waiting for me. Oops...
Lucy started solid foods this week. It has been five days now and she is only just now starting to get the hang of it. The main problem with eating food as opposed to drinking a bottle is she would rather play with the food with her hands than eat it. I wish she could just drink her breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of her life. I think my job would be a whole lot easier!

9 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

I love those pics. My favorite was the towel. I laughed out loud thinking of what was going through Tyler's head when he set this picture up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey!!! The internet is an amazing place and I stumbled upon your blog, and couldn't be happier! I'm so glad I finally get to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl! You look like you're doing well, and your growing family is doing well too! I'm so glad to have this update on your life! I don't have a blog, so no updates on me, but I am doing well, thriving in grad school and loving living in Colorado!!!

Radfords said...

Oh Lucy is so darling..she is getting so big...they grow too fast. I love her little smile. I wish Isaac would wake up from his naps with a smile :)

Phil said...

LOL. Kelsey you are such a dork! I love it! Only you would celebrate a 1/2 birthday. Haha.

Lachelle said...

Kelsey, if you're getting tired of the same old kids songs I highly recommend the following childrens CDs: (you could probably get them at the library).

Laurie Berkner (all of her her albums are great. I especially like the Victor Vito album)

Sesame St, the Spanish one. The other ones I've listened to are annoying, maybe you'll think this one is too, but I like it.

Little People's Alphabet CD: Has a cute song for each letter of the alphabet, also not annoying.

Arthur and Friends: the first almost real not live CD: I especially like the "library card" and "my night light" songs.

Sandra (or Sandy or Samantha, something like that) Boynton: has many good books (I'm partial to snuggle puppy) and a couple CDs. Philadelphia Chickens is the album I'm familiar with. It's okay.

The alien guy on third rock from the sun, man I can't remember his name. He has a children's album, that goes with his name, whatever it is. He's also written books that go along with the songs "Remarkable Farkle McBride" and another book about a Mantitee, but I like the other one better.

Lastly, sing Lucy folk songs or camp songs. Keyton loves baby moon. There is nothing magical about old McDonald; sing "Hey Jude". Your sanity will stretch longer.

**Sorry, this really turned into a list. This probably should have been an email. An unsolicited email at that. I guess I let the music teacher in me loose. I guess I know how great it is to sing songs with kids, and have low tolerance level for all the cheesy/crappy children's music that is out there.

Kelsey Ann said...

Thanks Keyton (Lachelle)! I will really look into some of these. I can't tell you how old songs get around here. I feel like i have sung every song I know and Lucy is looking at me like "not that one again mom!"

Radfords said...

I figured that it was from you :) I am open any day but Thursday..I help my sis-in-law that day with her kids. I know you said you are working from home too so let me know and I will come down for lunch.

Jackie said...

That baby is just beautiful! The asleep in the high chair pic is priceless--maybe it's not that she was neglected, it was more those toys were just exhausting.

Manda said...

She has the cutest pajamas ever! Katie fell asleep in her bumbo once, so don't feel bad!