CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

By Baby is 2

I can't believe I have a two-year-old! It is just crazy. I miss the days when she was a cute chubby little baby that would let me hold her in her arms. Look at her cheeks in the picture above, she was so stinkin' adorable. She is even cuter now, but in a drama queen sort of way.

Want to know something funny about having a two-year-old? Well two days after her birthday I had someone tell me that it was time to get working on another one. Really? I thought that would be so predictable that nobody would mention it, but it actually happened anyway. More comments have been made this past week than the whole previous year about having another child.


Right now Lucy is playing right next to me with her purse slung over her shoulder and talking away to her baby. Two minutes ago she tapped on my shoulder and said "My baby got hurt and cry mommy." This morning she talked about crying for the first time when I went into get her. She had been fake crying, stopping as soon as I opened the door, then looked at me and said "Ucy cry mommy, I cry," as she demonstrated where her tears were with both of her hands. She is a crack up for sure.

We went to the doctor yesterday and she had 3 different nurses and the doctor comment on how well she talked for a two-year-old. I told one of them that talking wasn't the problem, it is keeping quiet we were working on. Here are by baby's stats:
36" tall - 90%
27lbs 2oz - 50%
Lucy is tall and thin. My mom had me get my doctor's records out last night to compare Lucy to me at that age. I was a little bit shorter, and a little bit fatter. Go figure.
(I am now wearing her purse and holding her baby over my shoulder and keeping there with my chin. Oh the things we do as mothers)

I need to upload all my pictures because so much has happened that I want to blog about, but want the corresponding pictures to make it better. Pictures make every post better in my opinion. So coming up are posts about Lucy's Backyardigans Party, our new playroom and her first day of Ballet.

6 comments:

Manda said...

I'm excited to see pictures of the playroom, since Aimee sabotaged us by getting sick :)

Lucy is so cute, and I can't believe she is two!

We need to get together again soon!

Lacey said...

Welcome to the 2-year-old mommyhood. It is some of the best and most fun and also some of the most difficult. It is so nice that she is talking so well because I think that is where most of the frustration comes in when they cannot express what they need or want very well. I cannot believe that she is 2 already!! Cant wait to hear all about her party and dance!!

Loraleigh said...

I can't believe Lucy is 2 either... it sounds like she is a really good talker too - she's very smart for being able to construct sentences like that already!

KaSs MiLeS said...

story would be so jealous of your backyardigans party. she loves tyrone!! she seriously has this doll of tyrone that she makes out with. its funny. i miss you so much kels. congrats on the 2 year old!! i really cant believe it!!!

alpine alert-pali eternal said...

Who needs another baby when you are trying to take care of Lucy's babies?

Megan said...

I love that picture of you two, and she is darling. I can't believe how fast they grow! We are moving to oregon! We wont be in portland though. But your husband has been so kind to Chad and really helped us out. Chad loves working with him. And maybe Parker and I will get to see more of you and little lucy!