CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

09.09.09

Last week was a tough one. We all spent a little time being sick. Lucy got it first on Sunday, Tuesday it was slow in coming, but I ended up going from feeling faint and nauseated to loving the toilet bowl by the end of the day. Tyler was on a business trip in Boise and spent the entire time in his bathroom, poor guy. He so got it the worse. Here is a picture of Lucy being pathetically sick on the couch. I think she looked adorably angelic with no energy!
(Whoever says these leashes are mean doesn't know what they are talking about. Does Lucy look like she hates it?)
Okay I know it is Wednesday, but I have been meaning to get online and blog about my weekend. I had so much fun with Tyler being home and us having his attention! Plus, we all felt so much better after being sick that week. Friday afternoon we went to the Oregon State Fair to meet up with a bunch of friends from work. Later that night we finally went to ride some rides (we promised Lucy a ride on the carousal) only to find out she was and inch or so too short. Come on, how in the heck could she hurt herself? Needless to say we did not have a happy camper so we had to distract her with the fish pond where she got a lovely turtle that she now totes around the house. She was happy and forgot all about the fish she won earlier from a duck pond!
After the fair we stopped by to play games with Jon and Amanda until almost 2 in the morning. I was so tired the next day, but Lucy slept in till after 9 which couldn't have worked out better.

Saturday Tyler spent the day working on Lucy's birthday present with his dad. We are giving the room above the garage a makeover with a full fledged stage and curtains. Look at the almost finished product below. You couldn't tell they are related or anything right?You should see it now, BEAUTIFUL! I spent the day cutting and sewing curtains. I am not done yet as I am figuring out how to sew as I go. Around five or so we a break to watch the BYU game...what a wonderful way to round out the day huh?!! Go Cougars!
On Sunday I ended up making a cake (Amanda made the frosting) and we went over to celebrate my wonderful mother-in-laws birthday. I feel so blessed to have someone so wonderful in my life. I hear all these horror stories of in-laws, but I feel so lucky to have gained another set of wonderful role models who are complete assets to my life! Happy Birthday Ane!
Monday, Labor Day, was anything but a rest from our labors. I made two trips to Lowe's and spent the entire day painting and taping off the play room. Tyler helped by painting most of the first coat of blue on the ceiling. Can you believe it took 1 1/2 gallons of paint for the first coat? I am in shock! We decided the playroom is bigger than we thought. I haven't started on the second coat or the yellow walls. One step at a time right?
MY BABY TURNS 2 ON SUNDAY. I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE OR SOMETHING BECAUSE SHE IS MY BABY, NOT A TODDLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

she looks adorable when she's sick. so cute!! i can't believe she's going to be 2! Story will be 1 shortly after. can't believe it! that is going to be such a fun room for lucy! what a lucky girl!

lisset said...

is it bad the one of my favorite versions of ethan is when he is sick? :) happy early birthday ms. lucy! and what a lucky, lucky little lady to have such an adorable playroom.

Amy said...

OK, so I'm not that good at sending things. Lu's birthday present is going to be a little late. And by late I mean that I haven't sent it yet. We'll see if I do anytime soon. It's the thought that counts, right?

Lacey said...

I cannot believe she is almost 2... where does the time go!? Your house looks so beautiful and I cannot wait to see the playroom finished!! Miss you!!

Beth Curtis said...

I LOVE the stage!! Such a great idea. She is so your daughter. I can't wait to see more pics of your house. So gorgeous!

Cherine said...

Hey Girl just catching up on your cute family! Lucy is getting so big. What a doll!