CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cabin Fever!

I am trapped in my own home all because it snowed a few inches on Sunday. Coming from living in Idaho and Utah this should be nothing right? Wrong! When it snows in Portland the whole dang city shuts down. This was so cool as a kid, but not now! Church on Sunday was canceled and many of the main roads and highways closed. When they opened back up chains were required. The chain requirements have been lifted and the wind calmed down a bit today, but ice covers almost every road in the area. School is canceled in our district tomorrow for the third day in a row. This should be no big deal but I am going CRAZY!
Tyler had to take my car because it has 4WD-he is out of town and will be using it for through Friday. It hasn't gotten out of the 20's since Sunday. We are supposed to have another snow storm tomorrow, Wednesday, and snow and ice on Sunday. Those dang weather guys said this Arctic blast is on the forecast for as long as they can see. HELP ME!!!
I know I am a stay-at-home mom, but never do I actually stay at home multiple days in a row. We get out and do things. How am I supposed to entertain this girl inside all day? If she were older we could play more games or do real activities. If she were younger she wouldn't care if we didn't leave the house. If you have ideas PLEASE let me know! I have given more baths, read more books, and played Ring Around the Rosie more times then I can count (she just learned how to play that game on Saturday and won't let us forget). I have looked online at many Websites to see what I could do. We have done many of the things but lets face it, games at this age last only minutes, I have hours!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. we are going through the same thing here. it totally sucks. have you tried edible play dough. just google it and you can create different flavors with jello packets and they can play then eat up the mess. payton loves it. but it too only lasts so long. if i have any more ideas i will let you know

Lacey said...

oh Kels I am so sorry!! It is NO fun being stuck in the house with a little one that quickly runs out of room. It totally reminds me of potty training Cade... I planned on staying in the house for a week so we could get it done and over with. However, on day 2 I was going bonkers! All in all, it worked, he was potty trained quickly but it took me a while to get my sanity back. So sorry, I wish I could come and visit you so we could talk and talk and have no reason to leave! Good luck!

Bree said...

Oh those wonderful winter days that I will hopefully never live in again! We got into the 50s finally! Ok I'll stop bragging. I have abook called unplugged play that we use when we have to stay inside or when I need help entertaining. Unfortunaley those don't last long either. Aren't kids fun!

KaSs MiLeS said...

i'm getting a little cabin fever today, we went and visited Story's dad at work because we had to get out! :0)

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

let her fingerpaint with pudding in the bathtub. Rafe used to love that! ( barely any water and let her paint all the walls)