CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Bundle

So if you live anywhere near me, you have been watching my tummy grow and grow and grow. This is not because I have been putting on weight. I in fact only have a net gain of 1 pound. I feel really bad for waiting so long to tell everyone, especially for not calling a few of you to tell you we are having another baby. You know who you are and I so wanted to tell you before I blasted it on the Internet. But let's face it, a second child is not as thrilling to tell everyone about as the first. Your life doesn't change quite as drastically and you get fatter a whole lot sooner. None the less, I am sorry for not sharing sooner.

16 weeks
(almost 4 weeks ago)
(no make-up)
Unlike when we got pregnant with Lucy, we really tried for #2. We were so excited to be pregnant and to have our family continue to grow. I love being Lucy's mom and can't wait to have another of God's precious children in my loving care. I have been especially grateful after watching all the news of Haiti and the orphan's there, to be able to bring this child into a stable home. It has really made me think about all the things I can be doing here at home to raise children who will have a desire to do all the can for others. To serve missions, teach, share their Christlike example, show kindness, become wonderful parents themselves, get educated and so much more. There are million things I can be doing and I know this sounds weird, but having a family of 4 is part of what is motivating me to get my act together; become more Christlike myself.

I have always envisioned what my life would be like when I grew up. What kind of husband I would have, what kind of home I would keep and what kind of mother I would be. I got married to a wonderful man, we had Lucy, moved home to Oregon, bought a house, but until I got pregnant this time around, it didn't occur to me that I am not the person I always dreamed I would be. I have all the things I wanted, but am not living up to my own expectations. Granted I am a perfectionist by nature so the vision I have for myself in my mind is a lofty goal. The problem is I am no where near where I want to be. So now that I am not spending all day being sick, I am trying so hard to become the wife, mother and homemaker that I envisioned all those years ago. I think it is amazing that it took this wonderfully active child in my tummy to realize my reality and set me on the right course. God sure knows what we need and when we need it. I hope I can continue to grow and to become the woman I know I can be. The woman I know I have to be in order to live my best life and live up to my true potential as a daughter/loving servant of God.

18 comments:

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Beth Curtis said...

AAHH! Congrats! I can't believe you are half way through your pregnancy and I didn't even know! When are you due? Do you know what you are having. Please don't tell me that you are making it a surprise. I don't have enough patience for that. :)

Jackie said...

Hooray! Congrats. :)

KaSs MiLeS said...

you're a much better woman than i. I can't wait to hear what you're having!! So close!!

lisset said...

congrats dudes! is lucy thrilled?! let's hear what you're having!

Krista Griffiths said...

Sooo fun!!! I too can't wait to hear what you are having!! Oh it is so exciting! Being a family of 4 is definitely more busy, more crazy, and more fun!! I have not seen you forever but I get updates from my mom and I know you are an amazing mother!!! Keep up the good work :)

JeriLyn said...

Congrats on baby #2. When do you find out what you are having? I'm so excited for you. Having two kids is so fun. It's a blast watching them interact with each other.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the little one. I have been waiting for you too announce it to say congratulations.

alpine alert-pali eternal said...

How exciting! Congrats!!!!

Radfords said...

Congrats Kelsey...that is so exciting. Im guessing you are 20 weeks by now and you must know what you are having :) Keep us updated and congrats to you and your family! You are good looking pregnant mommy!

Beth Gylling said...

Kelsey!!! I need to call you soon because we have lots to catch up on!! I can not believe you are pregnant... I am so so happy for you, Tyler and Lucy! Congratulations my dear -xox-

Cherine said...

Congrats for baby two. I am excited for y'all!!!

Aunt Viv said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you! You look great!

Loraleigh said...

Congratulations! That's exciting. Can't wait to hear what you're having.

Megan said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that you get to have number 2 coming into the world. You are a great example. Thanks for your post. It made me think about what I am doing to become the person that I want to be. I wish you the best! And I'm excited to hear what you are having :)

Steph said...

Congratulations!! I love and respect both of you more than you know kels!! You are a great caring person! I am so glad you guys are going to bring another child to your family! Tell tyler i said hi!

Alice-Anne said...

Hi, Kelsey, I saw your blog on Dallin and Janelle's (don't you love stalking blogs?) and I figured your post title might mean an announcement. Congrats on your second! You have such a good perspective about things. Good luck with your pregnancy and life with that cute little Lucy!

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness! I am SO excited for you! You are such an amazing mama and this little baby is so lucky to be coming to you! There is nothing like adding another baby to the family. I honestly like being a mom of 2 better than 1 because it is an amazing thing to watch your children learn how to wholly and completely love another. You are an amazing girl and I miss you like CRAZY! Congrats and I cannot wait to hear more! Lots of love.