CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 03, 2009

Hornibrook Updates

1. We signed our lives away a couple of weeks ago and got the keys to our first home. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

2. Our family and ward helped us move in Saturday and our house is full of boxes. I don't remember purchasing this much stuff, but I am happy we for sure have enough room for it all in our home!

3. Today I had one of these baby's visit my house.

To make a really long story short, I went to take the trash out into our garage and the door locked behind me. With wet hair and no make up or shoes on, I knocked on neighbors doors, broke a few screens, cried a lot, prayed a lot on my knees in my back yard, tracked a lady down at the park across the street and called 911. 3 men came to my rescue--my hero's for sure! Lucy was oblivious of the situation as she slept away in her crib.

This was just as bad as the time I let Lucy hold the keys to our car as I strapped her into the car seat. I shut the door and went to put her stroller in the back and heard that dreaded locking sound. While it was a super hot car and by then end she had turned red and was rather wet, she thought it was a funny game. Lucy kept pushing the lock button over and over again making the car honk for everyone to enjoy, but never once pushed the unlock button. My mom and I sang her songs and played peek-a-boo with her through the windows till AAA came to our rescue. It seems all these unnecessary and very scary things happen to me, but I PROMISE I learn from my mistakes.

Moral of the story is don't lock yourself out, or let your child lock you out of the house or car.

4. Tyler has been working so hard and has only spent two nights in our new house. Fortunately my dad took him and my brother Dane to a golf school/camp this week in Arizona. Tyler called today and said his game has improved already and he is having a great time. The camp goes through Thursday and my lover deserves every minute of it to take a break from the stresses of work. (even though he has to work on his computer and make calls all night to manage his territory, he gets to relax and do something he loves during the day).

5. In less than two weeks I get to go see some of my very best girlfriends in California for Kristen's wedding. I am so so so excited to see them and have a girls weekend!

6 comments:

JeriLyn said...

Sorry about your traumatic experience being locked out of your house, but congrats on buying your house...I'm so jealous!!! By the way, Lucy is so cute!

Jessica said...

Kelsey that is the best story about Lucy holding the keys. I loved the pictures of your house...it is greatly swaying me to move that direction.

KaSs MiLeS said...

very best girlfriends in california? hmmm... i think you meant you wish you were coming to utah to see me. at least that's what i'm choosing to believe.
That is horrible about getting locked out! Both times!! What a nightmare!

Beth Curtis said...

I am so excited that you are in your house. What a scary thought to be locked out of your house with your kid inside. Yikes!! Once you get unpacked and decorated I need to see pics!

Megan said...

Your house is gorgeous! And I love stocking you and seeing updates on your blog :) I love how you made it a fun for her and played peek-a-boo through the window. You are a great mom.

Amy said...

Stister. It's like you hate me and show it by not updating the blog. I miss Lucy (and you and Tyler, I guess) almost more than I can handle, and the only thing that would help is pictures of Lu. Especially since Lucy has decided that she only likes to say "hello, hi!" and "oh...." on the phone to me. They're one-sided conversations, really.