CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Lover Tyler

On my blog I usually only talk about Lucy, but I wanted to share a little about my wonderful hubby Tyler. And because a blog post just isn’t the same without a picture, here is one of us from back in 2002. I can’t believe how much time has passed! When Tyler found out about his new/current position at work, he told me there would be a lot of travel involved. I thought, ‘well if anyone can handle that it would be me because my dad traveled a lot while I was growing up.’ Well let me tell you, it is so different to have your dad traveling and away from home then a husband. I have so much more respect for my mom when she had to deal with us kids and sleep alone all those nights. I HATE Tyler being away from us. I feel so alone in the world and start to freak myself out about someone breaking in or something. (Last night I put our couch in front of our locked front door). I would say I am getting used to it, but I think the proper language here would be I am becoming more tolerant of it. He is working so hard and doesn’t like being away from us either, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get ahead in life. That is exactly what my lover is doing for us. I need to remember this, but it is so dang hard!

Well last night was a particularly hard night for me. Tyler and I discussed some deeper things on the phone and I wanted nothing more than to cuddle with him as I fell asleep. I really needed him there by my side. So I spent all day today being sad and feeling sorry for myself—sorry to say this isn’t really a new thing. I put my little Lucy down early tonight (we have both been sick) and turned on the TV. Around 6:30 I heard a light knock on the door and was kicking myself for having the volume up on the TV because I didn’t want to answer it. I didn’t and ignored it. Then the knock came again. I looked at my outfit, PJ’s from last night, then felt my unshowered hair and thought, ‘heck no!’ I thought it was the boys from upstairs asking if they could “Jam.” I figured if I ignored them they would think I left the TV on and was gone. I would rather listen to the loud drums and guitars then answer the door. Then a third knock came and was rather loud. I ran to my bathroom and grabbed a pony tail holder, put up my hair, moved the couch out of the way and opened the door. It was Tyler with a big bouquet of flowers and dinner.

He came home two days early from his trip. I was so excited and honestly, he being there was the best surprise ever! I love that he knows exactly what I need, tolerates it, and loves me anyway. It is amazing how I ended up with someone so perfect for me. He means everything to me and I have no clue what I would do without him! So we spent the evening together and I laid in bed with him for 40 minutes till I knew he was asleep, and knew I wasn’t going to be able to fall asleep (those mid-day naps will kill you) which brings me to right now. I know he can’t always come running home when I need him, but just knowing that he cared enough to do it means the world!
Thank you Tyler for loving me unconditionally!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that picture, i think we have some from the same night. that is so cute. hope you guys are doing well

KaSs MiLeS said...

i'm seriously going to cry, that is so so sweet. what a man! That would be the best present ever! Lucky girl! i don't know how you've done it this long, having jerome gone might just kill me.

lisset said...

that is so sweet that he surprised you. what a romantic!

Megan said...

Your post really hit home for me. I must admit I'm guilty of feeling bad that chad is gone sometimes too. So thanks for your post, I love how he surprized you!!

Beth Curtis said...

Kelsey that picture is SICK, but the story is adorable! How sweet. I hate when Brandon is gone, I always think of the worst things. It is so sweet to find little ways to treat each other to make them feel special.

Lacey said...

Oh Kels,
As I read your post my heart was aching for you, so sad that you were feeling so sad! But I must admit I giggled and said "ohhhh" out loud when I read that Tyler was at the door. You two together just make me smile. I was reading my old Journals the other day, trying to plan a YW lesson, and had so much fun reliving our fun college days together! You have always been such a good friend and I wish SO SO SO much that we lived closer to each other... I miss you! I hope that you enjoyed your time with Tyler and had your "piggy bank" filled so you are ready again to face life head on! I love you girl and am so thankful for the amazing influence you have had in my life!

Megan said...

I totally know what you mean about not liking when he's not home with you. Ryan used to have to scout camps all the time and I hated it and was always paranoid and couldn't sleep because every little noise would freak me out. It's not fun at all to not have them home! That was very sweet of Tyler to surprise you like that!

Jessica said...

Not sure which post to put this comment on...but facebook informed me that our husbands have the same birthday. Double wammie...birthday and V-day in the same weekend. It's exhausting. I'm still trying to find one more gift...

Mark and Ane said...

What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. You did a great job writing it. You are loved! Mark